Tuesday, August 1

Thank You Friends and Readers!


For a split second I was feeling bad about calling Ms. Hathaway out on her behavior to me as waitress. Then, after speaking with many, I came to the conclusion that I'm not saying she is awful person. I'm just saying that she could improve her manners to servers.

I started this blog because I was horrified that so many smart, beautiful and talented people I worked with (myself included) were repeatedly treated poorly. I truly believe in karma and the saying that "how you treat a waitress says a lot about who you are...". I'm just trying to help others with their karma by calling them out on poor behavior! With that said, I'm not going to feel bad anymore.

On that note, I've been overwhelmed by the amount of feedback I've gotten from fellow servers!! I'm so thankful that Gawker, Cityrag and Save Manny mentioned my blog to bring all you wonderful people to me! I guess I wasn't the only one frustrated! We will, one person at a time, improve treatment of servers! Then we will all live in harmony!! (sort of:)

Share your stories with me (or submit yourself or a friend to be the Waitress of the Day) at misscaroline@tiportat.com.

Be my friend on myspace at www.myspace.com/tiportatmedia...

If you like what you read here, tips are always appreciated! Please click on the tip jar in the sidebar on the right side of the page. Thanks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Caroline,
I read your blog with great interest but didn't really feel the need to comment on most of the juicy information I was reading until I came to this post.

You go, girl! I honestly have to tell you that you started this blog for all the right reasons. Truly, how you treat a waitress or her male counterpart, for that matter, says a lot about you. And THAT was one of the many pearls of wisdom my mom passed on to us when we started dating. I am now married to a beautiful man and we have two beautiful kids. My mom likes to say, "In courtship, of course the guy will always treat you well (unless he's a real jerk, then the guy has definitely got to go coz my mom always says if you are not even happy during courtship, imagine what your marriage would be like!)...sorry, i deviate...so back to the original advice...therefore, if you really wanna know what kind of man he really is, see how he treats the waitress or waiter, a beggar, his siblings, his parents, his friends. Mom sez, there's no such thing as love is blind, love is only blind b`coz you choose not to see.
So, spread the word, "Be nice to your waitress!" Or anyone for that matter.

8/15/2006 2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home