Friday, September 8

CBS Fashion Rocks

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
sorry about what I call an "abstract" photo...it's all I got...

I journeyed to the CBS Fashion Rocks show last night in NYC..If you are planning on watching it tonight and don't want to spoil it, then don't read this. Actually I'm not telling you anything that isn't in the promo ads, so read away!

It was a mob scene to get in (like most of these events are), we finally entered and stood in line to get a drink. Right as we got to the bar, they closed the bar. Awesome. I needed a drink so very badly. I lingered until the manager left and the nice bartender served me up two vodka's on the rocks (what? I said I needed a drink). Elton John was the curator of the fashion/music festivities. All in all, I was pretty impressed with all the artists there. Beyonce, Jay-Z, Christina Aguilera, Kanye West, Nelly Furtado, Pussy Cat Dolls, Scissor Sisters, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and Bon Jovi (I"m sure I'm forgetting someone). Oh yeah, and Fergie with the Black Eyed Peas, who actually put on a great show.

All I have to say that it is a good thing this show isn't live. The stage changes were a little too time consuming and in excess. The show lasted over three hours (thank goodness to all of you with tivo)...Although I'm sure the editing will condense it to make it a seamless show. There were a couple of mishaps (like Drea de Matteo flubbing her lines and they had to do retakes..)

Wait...I forgot to mention anything that pertains to this blog. Ummm, the after party had really great margaritas served on a bar made of ice. The bartender was great. I told him a needed a drink badly and he got my drift (I could tell we were on the same page). Anyways, I don't always "need drinks badly"...just an FYI (mom).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the abstract picture!!! :)

9/08/2006 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home