Tuesday, August 8

When the Garnish Tray is a Buffet

I'm sure if you work in a bar you've seen what I'm about to talk about. A guest sitting at the bar, who starts reaching in the garnish tray and eating the fruit as it was their main course of the day. I always think of the movie Pretty Woman when Kit is putting fruit from the garnish tray on a napkin and the bartender yells, "this ain't a buffet Kit!"

The truth of the matter is, it is pretty gross. I admit that sometimes when I've worked a twelve hour shift, I've been known to eat a piece of fruit to avoid passing out. But a rule of thumb from now on to those of you sitting at the bar....Don't eat out of the garnish tray! It's not a buffet!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! to keeping ones grubby hands out of the garnish tray!!!!

It's rude, it's gross, and it pisses the bartender off. Or at least it pisses this bartender off.

Use a little common sense when out people - keep your hands off!

8/15/2006 12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they could somehow place the tray out of the bar patron's reach?

8/17/2006 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home