Monday, August 21

What we REALLY think of what you order...

Cosmo...As a female, you really like Sex and the City, or you know people that really like Sex and the City. As a male, mmmm well, you don't just secretly like Sex and the City, you REALLY like it too...

Long Island Ice Tea....I.D. Please?

Sour Apple Martini...I can't really go there...

Chardonnay...As a female, you want white wine, but you don't know the names others, or you're my mom. As a male, you really like chardonnay, or just how it sounds when you say it....

Greyhound...As a female, you think it sounds better than just saying what it really is (vodka and grapefruit juice)...As a male, ya, same thing...

7 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

Hi....Can you help me figure out how you got your tip icon on your site? I have a paypal account and can't figure out how to get one of those buttons for mine.

Thanks!

8/21/2006 12:51 AM  
Blogger Mostly Harmless said...

I just want to let you know that I've been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now. I'm a servee, not a server. I'm not an overly generous tipper. I add only 20% to the tab. If the tip is $20 I place another $10 in the server's hand, under the table, if the service was good, which is most of the time. I do this for a number of reasons: server gets lion's share, lousy pay rates, employer tip skimming, etc. Most servers take their job seriously and should receive fair compensation. Servers are not slaves and the patron should show them the same respect they show any other business person.

Cheers
rb

8/21/2006 6:47 AM  
Blogger Matt Le Ross said...

You're going to hate poeple like me.. I add tips to the credit card payment usually unless it is very good service.

By the way - can't get you adsense links to work!

8/21/2006 7:36 AM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

I think it is tap

8/21/2006 7:54 AM  
Blogger The Locke said...

What is your opinion on people asking for a very specific drink? My favorite is a Grey Goose Martini on the rocks with 3 olives in a highball glass. It is a mouthful that I hate ordering, but can't stand a martini any other way.

8/21/2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger Kay Richardson said...

I drink 'bine' - red wine and beer mixed together. I always receive funny looks, but I'm cool with that.

8/22/2006 8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always drink Greyhounds and every now and then I'll get a server who doesn't seem to know what it is, and I'll have to say, "Vodka with grapefuit juice."
Now I'm starting to suspect that they do know and they just want to hear me say it!

9/29/2006 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home